Although 2012 was a modest year for attendance growth, Disney World new park attractions are numerous in 2013. Check-out what is new at Walt Disney World® 2013.
Let’s first look at a few of the changes that have taken place at Walt Disney World® parks in 2012. The big headliner of course is the Fantasyland expansion.
Fantasyland – Enchanted Forest
Several new venues debuted in 2012 at the new Fantasyland Expansion. This was reported as the largest expansion in 20+ years at the WDW parks. These attractions include:
- Enchanted Tales with Belle – Storytelling for about 30 minutes as part of the Beauty and the Beast inside Maurice’s Cottage
- Under the Sea : Journey of the Little Mermaid – Musical attraction with special effects set in Prince Eric’s castle
- Little Mermaids Dark Ride – Animated park ride featuring Ursula, Sebastian and Ariel in a clamshell ride
- Ariel’s Grotto – Pictures and personal time meetings with the Undersea princess Ariel and other characters
- Be Our Guest Restaurant – Dine at one of 3 French cuisine concepts in the Beast’s Castle. The restaurant aura is set on the Beauty and the Beast theme. The concepts include the West Wing, Rose Gallery (currently lunch only), and the Ballroom. Menus include sandwiches and salads at lunch, and delicious French fare in the evenings.
In 2012, Walt Disney World® also provided some additional new venues at Storybook Circus, based on the charming adventures of Dumbo the Elephant.
Fantasyland – Storybook Circus
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant : Dueling Dumbos – Based on demand from park guests, this area was doubled in size. The ride soars over the WDW park areas.
- The Barnstormer – Roller coaster ride designed to simulate the undulating motion of aerial stunt planes
- Casey Junior – Splash N’ Soak Station : Water playground designed to provide relief for the kids especially during the hotter months
- Pete’s Silly Sideshow – Pictures and greeting with some of the show characters under a big top tent including the Great Goofini, the flying stunt pilot.
New at Walt Disney World for 2013
The Disney World new park attractions for 2013 include new rides at the Magic Kingdom®, Epcot® and service improvements to enhance your entertainment experience.
Princess Fairytale Hall
Building renovations are planned for 2013 for a residence to meet all of the Disney Princesses at Princess Fairytale Hall. These include Tiana, Aurora, Jasmine and of course Cinderella and Snow White. The Disney princesses have been an extremely popular attraction with kids, especially younger girls.
Magic Kingdom® – New Rides for 2013
- The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train roller coaster is projected to be open in late 2013 or early 2014. The roller coaster will travel both indoors and outdoors and is designed for kids of all ages.
Epcot® Changes for 2013
- Bistro de Paris has been renamed Monsieur Paul. The popular French inspired attraction also has been under renovation for several months. According to Chef Bocuse, the restaurant will be less formal and highlight a new menu for the upstairs restaurant brasserie. The pastry shop will become a fabulous ice cream shoppe and a bakery will be added as well.
Walt Disney World – New Service Enhancements for 2013
- Limited Time Magic – Disney has been promoting the new “Limited Time Magic” program as an innovative way to improve the park experience. Weekly pre-announced special entertainment will highlight a short run at each of the Walt Disney World parks. This service will also be a natural partner with social media (Twitter, Facebook, etc…) and help drive the WDW experience forward in a whole new way. All of these services and enhancements provide some great insight on what is new at Disney World for 2013.
New Villas Added for 2013 OVH 360 Bookings
Just as the Walt Disney World® parks continue to add new attractions, so does the team and staff at OVH 360 add new villas to the rental portfolio. The OVH 360 team hand picks all of the rental homes that are available for reservations on the website. To get a video tour of each of the homes, please click here – Orlando Vacation Homes 360 vacation homes or for more details, please call 407-966-4144. All inquiries are welcome.