One of the key trends we have seen over the last few years is the fact that the best vacation homes are most often booked well in advance of major holidays and busy periods. Although last minute vacation rental deals can be found, the demand for vacation homes makes the Central Florida market quite competitive during most times of the year. Booking Orlando vacation homes well in advance of your planned vacation date is an advisable strategy for several reasons.
There are a few explanations for this trend:
- During the housing downturn in 2008-2010, many homes and condos were converted to more permanent resident homes. This phenomenon has taken a small chunk out of the overall market supply of short term rentals.
- Very little new inventory hit the market as a result of the economic downturn. Although interest rates have been low, second home loan financing has been very difficult for a few years prior to 2013 which meant that few new homes and condos hit the market.
- Conversely, the market share for vacation rentals has jumped considerably. Consumers are much more aware of the vacation home product and demand is much higher than it was just 5 years ago.
- Orlando continues to successfully attract global visitors even though some transnational economies have shown sluggish growth in the past few years. However, the overall direction is up for developing international markets and their accompanying expanding middle classes.
- Last but not least is the fact that Central Florida has seen some hugely popular new and expanded attractions added to the plethora of entertainment options it already enjoys.
– The bottom line is that the growth in the demand for booking Orlando vacation homes has mostly outstripped the supply of new and existing rentals in the market.
The Secrets for Successfully Booking Orlando Vacation Homes
We recommend a couple of things (including booking early) to help you find a vacation home that best meets your needs:
- Plan to book at least 120 days of your actual vacation date. If you are booking a vacation home for one of the major holidays, we suggest you book even further in advance than that.
- Research the various resort communities that best meet your locational needs and specific preferences. The best way to accomplish that goal is review resort profiles and determine which attributes you or your family require. Our Orlando Vacation Homes 360 main page lists various “communities” at the top of the page by city. Many of these are hyperlinked to resort profile pages with more amenity details.
- If you discuss your needs with your family and/or travelling companions before your online or phone inquiry, this may help you develop a list of most desirable home and condo options.
Finally, there a lot of vacation villas in the Central Florida market. In fact, there are over 70+ resort communities fully or partially dedicated to the short term rental market. Booking Orlando vacation homes doesn’t need to be difficult. The friendly and knowledgeable team at OVH 360 will be most pleased to assist you with any questions or to help you in any way. Give them a toll free call at 1-888-826-0551. OVH 360 takes the guesswork out of finding and booking Orlando vacation homes!