One of the commercial areas that is expected to improve in 2010 is the international tourism market and the number of direct international flights to the Orlando International Airport.
The Orlando tourism travel market is highly dependent on direct to flights that originate from an overseas destination. These convenient direct flights bring in international travelers that on average spend a great deal more than the everyday tourist. This is very important for the local tourism economy.
Some of the upcoming new direct to Orlando international flights include:
- Airtran – Aruba, and Netherland, Antilles Air Travel to Orlando Begins February 2010
- Airtran – Montego Bay, Jamaica Orlando flights Begin February, 2010
Direct international Florida flights also began in 2009 for the following airlines:
- Air Canada – Airline service to Halifax, Nova Scotia
- JetBlue – International service to Bogota, Colombia and Nassau, Bahamas
- Martinair – Amsterdam, Netherlands Flights to Orlando Began October 15th
- Mexicana Airlines – Flights to Florida from Mexico City
- Sunwing Airlines – Airfare to Orlando from Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto Canada
- Taca Airlines – San Salvador, El Salvador Airfare to Orlando Began November 1st
- TAM Airlines – Orlando flights from Sao Paulo-Guarulhos Brazil
- Westjet Airlines – Florida flights from Ontario and Winnipeg Canada
This is also good news for the Orlando villa rentals market. As the number of direct international flights for Orlando tourism rises, so will the number of guests for vacation rentals. One example would be the presence of the UK to Orlando Florida flights with over 3 options daily to London Gatwick alone. It has never been a better time to visit Florida.
Canada is also a hot target with the introduction of the “Orlando for Canadians” tourism promotion. Internationally and especially in Western Europe, vacation villas have a much higher consumer awareness than in the United States, but this is changing.
As we have blogged in the past, short term villa rentals continue to become more accepted for mainstream domestic tourism. Our contention and mission, as stated on our main page, is the need for more information to bolster consumer confidence in the quality of vacation home accommodations in the area. Our website contains over 80+ reviews of vacation home communities in the Central Florida tourism region.