2018 Vacation Planning
A recent industry survey relevant to 2018 vacation planning indicates that over 40% of Americans left vacation time unused in 2017. This research was conducted by the U.S. Travel Association and has been dubbed Project Time Off. The study concludes that without proper time off for work/life balance, factors such as personal success, and individual performance are an issue for many Americans. Vacation home rentals may be a panacea for this growing work and life balance problem affecting many Americans.
Let’s start with a little background on the Project Time Off research that has implications for 2018 vacation planning:
- Only 1 in 4 American workers indicate that all of their vacation days off were used
- A majority of Americans report working on vacation
- Technology is clearly keeping American workers more connected than ever
- Respondents from Maine and Hawaii reported the lowest percentage of unused vacation days
Some Facts Regarding Americans and Their Vacationing Habits:
- Approximately 3 in 4 Americans that take a vacation report either checking in occasionally or checking in frequently on work matters while on vacation
- Americans that are prone to check in more frequently while on vacation also generally leave more vacation time unused
The Project Time Off research counterintuitively indicates that Americans don’t take a vacation as an employer paid benefit lightly. In fact, vacation days are seen as the second most important fringe benefit only behind health care according to this study. Clearly, Americans want to go on vacation.
Are Vacation Rentals the Answer to Americans’ Vacationing Woes?
It’s no secret that Americans like to work at home and that trend is growing. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, in the last 15 years, the percentage of Americans working from home has grown from 19% to 31%. Americans enjoy the stress-free comforts and relaxing convenience of their personal homes for getting work done. Americans also like avoiding traffic, but the point remains that private homes are a place for both relaxation and security. Work at home, vacation at home as well!
At Orlando Vacation Homes 360, we believe it is not so farfetched that vacation homes provide some of the solutions needed for proper vacation planning:
- If you are one of those tethered to your work even on vacation, you’ll be pleased that most vacation rentals have fast reliable internet access
- Your family can enjoy your home away from home for 2018 vacation planning with many of the same luxuries and comforts you have in your own personal residence
- Many of our guests report that vacation homes have more amenities that their own personal homes. These amenities include game rooms, in home theatres, private pools, etc… which make the time away more enjoyable.
Compare These Comforts and Luxuries to an Institutionalized Hotel.
Long lines at the front desk for check-in and a 300 square foot room aren’t comparable to a spacious private vacation home rental. So when you evaluate your 2018 vacation planning needs, consider vacation home rentals as your best option.
Get a little work done on the side (if you must), but still enjoy your precious vacation time in your very own relaxing vacation home!