It’s been over 110 years since Central Florida has had a real blizzard. Orlando and Central Florida received over 4 inches of snow that special winter day. What a day that must have been for children in Orlando! You and your family can re-live the moment in Florida history at Disney’s Blizzard Beach.
Blizzard Beach is 1 of 2 Walt Disney water parks. The other companion water water park in Disney World that we recently blogged about is Typhoon Lagoon. The Blizzard Beach water park® features a few unique attractions that are reminiscent us of our fall and winter season childhood experiences:
- Toboggan Racers – This is an 8 lane traditional sled style racer mats for older kids and adults that glide downhill at moderate speeds
- Teamboat Springs – These are group and family style water raft rides for up to 6 persons. This was one of our favorites, but this is only for older kids and adults
- Country Creek Raft Rides – This is similar to a lazy river attraction in that you float around the Blizzard Beach Disney park on rafts. This is a relaxing way to enjoy Disneyworld and Blizzard Beach fall scenery around the attraction.
- MeltAway Bay – A very large wave pool and relaxation area for adults including an ample area for lounging and sunbathing
- Tike’s Peak Kids Playground – This is a shallow water play area with attractions that appeal to small kids. These include a snow fountain, water jets and children’s water slides.
- Slush Gusher Water Thrill Ride – This is a high speed thrill ride and equivalent to the Crush N’ Gusher at Typhoon Lagoon.
- Summit Plummet – Lifts take you up the side of the park for a downhill coast at high speeds
- Other themed water features at the Blizzard Beach water park include Runoff Rapids, slalom style water stormers, and the Downhill Double Dipper. All in all, there are quite a wide variety of different choices for entertainment at this Disney World water park.
- Our favorite Blizzard Beach dining was the Polar Pub. This outlet had some great continental cuisine and adult beverages on a very hot day. Kids will be satisfied by the park’s traditional funnel cakes elsewhere in the park.
- “Polar Patios” that seat up to 6 persons are available for rent nearby if you are averse to the sun or simply want to enjoy the park in a tree shaded patio area. Typhoon Lagoon has a similar concept (Beachcomber cabanas) that are attended and include beverages.
Our group also had a great day at this Disney attraction. As to our question: Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon, our group was split evenly. The older members tended to enjoy Typhoon Lagoon and the Crush N’ Gusher while the toddlers enjoyed Blizzard’s Tike’s Peak the best.
The Blizzard Beach park address is 1634 Blizzard Beach Drive, Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830. The Blizzard Beach hours tend to run from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. although you should check the Blizzard Beach calendar during specific calendar months. Click here to view the Blizzard Beach dates and event calendars.
If you are visiting the Disney water parks, vacation home rentals near Disney are the perfect place to relax and enjoy your holidays. The OVH 360 team has reviewed over 80 vacation home communities, so we know the Central Florida rental market very well. Give us a call at 407-966-4144 if you have any questions about the many choices you have. We review them all, but select only a few villas for actually booking reservations.