Universal Studios Orlando and its megahit The Wizarding World of Harry Potter look to follow-up its 2010 theme debut with the opening of Diagon Alley in the summer of 2014. Hogsmeade, as Harry Potter fans might be familiar with, will be in an adjacent park from Diagon Alley in Universal Orlando which will require an additional pass for admission. Hogsmeade will be connected by the Hogwarts Express straight to a replica of King’s Cross Station. Other big changes will occur in 2014 with new food and restaurant venues within the Universal Orlando park.
New Attractions at Universal Orlando 2014
In addition to being larger in size, the new Diagon Alley will have a much wider array of entertainment and retail options. These new attractions within Diagon will include:
- Retail will include the Weasleys Wizard Wheezes emporium and the vast Carkitt Market with an eclectic mix of various shops
- Food and beverage will be delightfully British including traditional pub food from The Leaky Cauldron
- Ice cream and sundries may be enjoyed at Florean Fortescue’s parlor and other sweets
- Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts ride will be a more family-friendly ride as you tour through the indoor Gringotts vault in a mine train designed cab with goblins and witches throughout
- Gringotts Wizarding Bank will feature a fire breathing dragon and other creatures
- Ollivander’s will be contained in Diagon Alley and will feature magic and the art of using magic wands
- The exterior entrance to the Diagon Alley park experience will be designed as a London street scene with the actual entrance being disguised to parkgoers.
Additional Changes at Universal Orlando Resort in 2014
In addition to the new attractions at Universal Orlando 2014, there will be quite a few changes in the food and restaurant venues. Universal’s City Walk will have plenty of new exciting concepts that will be great attractions for park enthusiasts:
- Antojito’s Mexican Food – Colorful exterior with a unique Tapas style menu
- Red Oven Pizza Bakery – Neopolitan inspired pizza bakery with stone-fired oven
- Cowfish – Unique sushi-burger concept cuisine that everyone is talking about
- Bread Box – Deli grab n go concept with fresh quality ingredients
- Menchies, Coldstone Creamery, and Starbucks – Yogurt, ice cream and coffee – What else do you need for a perfect culinary experience?
Since 2010, all the additional local park activity and upward trend created by the Universal Harry Potter attraction has created quite a demand for vacation rentals near Universal Studios Orlando. Currently, our top picks for villas near Universal Orlando include Vista Cay and the Isles at Cay Commons. Check our review of Vista Cay and a resort review for the Isles at Cay Commons for more important property details.
Orlando Vacation Homes 360 (OVH 360) continues to add vacation condos in our inventory of lovely vacation rentals. This includes condos near Universal Orlando as well as the Walt Disney World® parks. All of the rentals in our rental portfolio are carefully selected for quality, location, amenities, and overall comfort. Give the guest service team at OVH 360 an opportunity to provide you with a free rental quote at 1-888-826-0551 for vacation rentals near Universal or the other theme parks today. You’ll want to stay in a great Orlando vacation rental to enjoy the new attractions at Universal Orlando 2014.