The Learning Never Stops in Central Florida! Educational Tours in Florida
Just because it’s summer doesn’t mean the kids – and adults – have to stop learning! Instead of “vegging out” in front of the TV, or playing endless hours of video games, many families are booking holidays now to take advantage of the many educational things to do in Central Florida! With so many options, one must plan carefully.
When booking their trips, educated consumers are taking advantage of vacation rental homes in Central Florida such as those offered by OVH360.com. Especially given the trend of extended families vacationing together, a growing number of travelers are opting for the added space, affordability, ease of parking, and full-size kitchen and laundry conveniences that vacation homes offer over traditional hotel rooms.
An added benefit is the vast selection of vacation rental homes available that allows families to choose the best option in close proximity to the learning and educational destinations they wish to visit.
Whether it’s animals and nature, science, or history, there is something to satisfy everyone’s interests – young and old – in Central Florida. Here are several of the most popular venues and attractions for educational things to do in Central Florida:
Animal Attractions in Orlando
It’s no surprise that Central Florida is home to some world class animal and nature attractions. In no particular order, let’s start with Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
Animal Kingdom is Walt Disney World’s® signature effort at providing an authentic park dedicated to conservation
- The park is host to over 1,700 animals representing more than 250 wildlife species
- Rafiki’s Animal Watch® is the jewel of the Animal Kingdom Park as it relates to nature and educational awareness. Activities and exhibits highlight current animal issues.
SeaWorld and Discovery Cove
Perhaps their slogan says it best – “The Voyage Begins”! This favorite tourist spot is now featuring “Summer Nights at SeaWorld®” and a new exhibit Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin. Perfect for aquatic animal lovers, the park is a wonderful educational resource, especially for those wanting to learn more about Animal Rescue and Animal Care. And the educational entertainment doesn’t end here…
Science and Technology Attractions in Central Florida
Science enthusiasts and “techies” will surely love to visit these tech museums in Central Florida:
- Kennedy Space Center – Currently featuring the Space Shuttle Atlantis Exhibit, this favorite destination is the ultimate source to learn about our history, present, and future in space exploration.
- Orlando Science Center – This is a “hands-on” experience for all ages! Creative camps galore for teaching children, and state-of-the-art exhibits for all. Now featuring National Geographic’s Digital Adventure Theater,” Adventures with Clifford, Blue Man Group Exhibit, and many more! This is certainly our top for “top local” educational things to do in Orlando – the Orlando Science Center.
Although animals, nature and science are interesting, history makes the region even more appealing.
Historical Attractions in Central Florida
- Warbirds Museum – This Military Aviation Museum features restored, airworthy WWII aircraft! Great for children that love planes and for those military history buffs! The Warbird Museum was featured in a recent blog post and is located minutes from many vacation home communities in Kissimmee.
- Holocaust Memorial Resource and Education Center of Florida – Located in Maitland, this is an invaluable resource for learning and educating all generations about this tragic time in our world’s history.
Other attractions worth mentioning for educational things to do in Central Florida include:
- Ripley’s Believe it or Not! Located on ever-popular International Drive, this favorite tourist destination is an excellent educational stop, especially for children and those who enjoy experiencing the strange and bizarre!
- Gatorland – Located in south Orlando, the park features a new Florida Panther exhibit! It is also among the best exhibits to visit for native animal education.
Regardless of which destinations your family chooses this summer, the main objective is to have fun and to never stop learning!
Information and Knowledge is Power!
The website and customer service team at OVH 360 is fully dedicated to making you a more educated consumer. The 360 degree concept is all about high quality educational content for empowering you to find a great Orlando vacation rental. Our Orlando vacation home YouTube video channel plus our reviews on over 70+ resorts exemplify our dedication to you, our customer.
Apart from our online content, feel free to call the friendly knowledgeable OVH 360 team for other questions at 1-888-826-0551. We’ll be happy too assist you with any questions relating to any of the communities we cover plus other localized recommendations.